IMPERIA - POGGI
Unique property: VILLA DEL PARCO, former noble residence with park and sea views
This villa, built in 1873, is unique: it is one of the few aristocratic residences of the Riviera still in its original state. The villa was inhabited by a French countess, then the summer residence of a Genoese family and belongs now to a German- Italian family, who wants to sell it for reasons of retirement.
The highlight of the VILLA DEL PARCO is - as its name implies - the large park surrounding the villa on three sides. On about 4.200 sqm any kind of mediterranean plants have been planted: including a pavilion of glycines, a pergola of fragrant jasmine, different kinds of palm trees, various citrus fruits, rose beds and cactus ..... all planted on different levels of the garden with various seating areas, and framed by a hedge of cypresses on one side and eucalyptus trees on the other side. These are indirectly illuminated in the evening by several spotlights.
The somewhat dated villa impresses with its architecture and many elements typical of the Riviera:
- The black and white tiled floors of slate and Carrara marble
- The facade in red ox blood
- Hand painted Albissola tiles used to furnish fireplaces or bathrooms
- Olive wood parquet in herringbone pattern
- Vaulted ceilings and double doors
The villa offers a net area of approx. 440 square meters living space in total, extending over three floors:
- The main entrance on the ground floor leads into a large entrance hall with black and white floor and a marble staircase, which architecturally represents a central element from where, on each floor, the doors lead into the individual rooms. Here on the ground floor, with its own entrance and access to the garden, once were the servant's rooms, the basement, the technical rooms and the garage. The current owner uses a part as an office / studio.
- The main apartment is located on the first floor. It consists of a large green salon and another eight rooms, which mostly - typical of the stately style of this period – merge into one another: from the salon you enter a dining room with fireplace, from there into the kitchen, then into a living room, a fireplace studio, and finally a master bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, as well as two more bedrooms and a bath with shower.
The fireplace studio and the kitchen are preceded by a small terrace, from which a few steps lead down to the garden.
- On the second floor there is a second apartment. It is characterized by a very large and bright living room with window front, open fireplace, adjoining kitchen and dining area - the different areas are separated by arches. The living room leads to a beautiful, large terrace of 50 square meters. Especially from here you can admire splendid views of the park and the sea. On the same floor there are two bedrooms and a bathroom, too.
Beyond the wonderful park, it is the location that convinces. The villa is located right in the village center, offering a lot of privacy in the large park with its high walls, but also having the opportunity to join the town’s life and reach by car in about 5 minutes the sea, the next restaurants and shops. In Poggi, there is a small restaurant and a grocery shop.
It also offers, thanks to its exposed position, wonderful views in different directions: in addition to the view of the private park it overlooks the Church of Poggi, the snow-capped Alps in winter on one and the sea on the other side, which is straight line less than 1 km away. The main façade of the house is exposed to south-west.
Facts & figures
|Surface:||approx. 600 sqm gross, 440 net with a living area of approx. 330 sqm and usable area of 110 sqm|
|Living area:|| currently divided into two apartments|
|Number of rooms:||25 in total, including 9 on the ground floor, 10 on the first and 5 on the second floor|
|Bedrooms:||currently 6, at least other three possible|
|Year of construction:||1873|
|Condition:||habitable, no major structural defects, but in need of renovation, the amount of renovation depends on individual demands|
|Heating:||central oil heating and open fireplaces, solar panels for hot water|
|Position:||detached on 4 sides, main facade facing south-west, east facade facing the street / parking|
|Town facilities:||Trattoria and grocery for daily needs in Poggi. In Porto Maurizio: shops, beaches, bars and restaurants at 2 km or 5 minutes away.</td|
Price: 1.100.000 euros plus 3% (+IVA) agency fee
For more information, please mail or call us!