Imposing village house with a fantastic garden and stunning panorama
This property is very special: The spacious villa, which looks like part of an ancient castle is located at the highest point in the village of Chiusanico Castello.
The car-free, medieval hamlet dates back to the 6th century and was the residence of a noble French family in the middle age, later on it belonged to the bishopric of Albenga and the Doria family. A legend tells, that even the origins of the Columbus family can be retraced in the village.
Thanks to its particular position the property enjoys of breathtaking panoramic views: on the one hand the evergreen valley with olive trees, down to the sea, which is 15 km away, on the other side the mountain range of the Ligurian Maritime Alps.
- A beautiful landscaped garden of approx. 300 sqm
- Several terraces and seating accommodations
- A small tower offering panoramic views in all directions
- Plenty of space for a big family as well as a separate apartment
- Direct access
- Private garage and parking place
The villa disposes of a total living area of ??approx. 220 sqm net on
four / five levels:
- The entrance on the ground floor leads through a small portico into a large entrance hall. On the same floor, there is a kitchen with adjoining dining room and the access to a small terrace, as well as a few steps below a further, very spacious terrace - partly open and sunny, partly covered - offering views towards the sea.
- Downstairs, there is a library, a living room with fireplace, a bedroom and an apartment with two additional bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and private terrace. This floor may also be inhabited separately, for it has its own entries.
- On the first floor, there is a hall, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
- The second floor disposes of an additional bathroom, a studio / living room with balcony and a bedroom. There is also a small balcony with mountain views and a spiral staircase leading into the tower. The tower room offers fantastic panoramic views of 360°.
The villa owns plenty of wonderful outdoor areas, so you can always find a sunny or a shady place and enjoy different views in all directions. There are three large terraces on the ground floor, one on the lower floor next to the garden, two balconies on the 2nd floor and one in the tower.
The garden of 300 m² is particularly worth mentioning: facing south, it offers wonderful views over the whole valley, beautiful plants like cypresses, palm trees, citrus trees, wisteria and more Mediterranean vegetation. A pergola with a seating area next to beautiful columns in antique style, invites you to relax.
The property is located on the highest point of the well-maintained, medieval village at 500 m over the sea level. While most of the houses of this hamlet can be reached only on foot, this villa has its own driveway (the road is curvy and steep, but asphalted). There is a parking for residents in front of the house - but the property includes a private garage, too.
Imperia, the nearest city and the beaches are about 15 km away (25 to 30 minutes).
Facts & figures
|Surface:||approx. 400 sqm gross (cadastral area) / 275 sqm net, including approx. 220 sqm of living space and about 55 sqm of useful area|
|Rooms:||20 rooms, including 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, two kitchens|
|Outdoors:||garden of about 300 sqm, terraces / balconies of approx. 100 sqm|
|Year of construction:||Medieval, basic restoration about 25 years ago, ongoing renovations|
|Heating:||pellet stove in the entrance hall, underfloor heating on all floors.|
Price: 330.000 euros plus 3% (+IVA) agency fee
For more information, please mail or call us!